Friday, February 1, 2008

My January

Well, I guess it's time for a little bit of an update. January seemed to go by pretty quickly. It definitely had a few eventful surprises. We've been getting more and more snow this month. It's great for the moisture. Sadly to say, we have an underground parking lot and our managers haven't wanted to do the best job at removing snow or ice from the ramp. So one day.... I was trying to get out and totally couldn't because the ramp was covered in ice. So, my car slid backwards and into the wall. I don't know if you can tell or not, but there's quite a dent, the tail light is broken, and all of that white is deeply scratched paint. I'm still trying to get them to pay for it since it's their responsibility. We'll see what happens.


On a happier note, last week one of my favorite members from New York, Cari Burnell, was in Utah. Kathryn, who was one of my companions, and I got to drive up and see her and spend a few hours with her. I can't believe I've been home from my mission for 3 1/2 years. Wow. That's crazy!



And, not that this is really a January thing. I have been working at my internship for 4 1/2 months now. And I've been doing therapy since last February. But today when I went into work, they had put my name on the door.


That was a little bit weird to me. It still sometimes scares me that I'm actually a therapist. That's like a grown-up job or something. Is that weird to anyone else?

Of course, I think all of us were a little shocked by the news of President Hinckley passing away. I was in a stake leadership training when they announced it. I was really sad for a minute, but then I was really happy for him to be with his wife again and to have a little bit of a rest. I know that he'll continue working on the other side, but he's given us so much and for so long. One of my friends made the comment that it's kind of selfish of us to want to keep him forever. We've been blessed to have him for such a long time. And when my mom told my grandma, my grandma responded by saying, "Well, good for him." And it's kind of true. I'm grateful for the service he has given and the teachings and example he has sent.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. The real world kinda scares me!

Janell R. Cropper said...

Yay for seeing Cari Burnell. I remember meeting her. Does your car have a name yet? It's been dinged a few times, eh?

Jenny said...

You honestly have the WORST luck with cars!

That was awesome to see your name on the door. I bet you were like, "Hey, that's ME!!!"

So fun to see you this weekend!

Emily said...

I hope they pay for your car. That stinks! That's crazy cool that your name is on that door, though.

Tiffany DeWitt said...

You are so official and everything with Therapist by your name on a door. Wow. I mean really you are all official!

JR and Brynn said...

Sheri, I LOVE that you took a picture of your door. I totally am going to do that tomorrow now. It is really weird, huh? I feel like we are still just a bunch of Guitar Hero playin goofy kids. Crazy...now we have to be adults?

ANDREA said...

oh my gosh- Cari Burnell, from Plattsburgh?!?!?!?!?! and Sister Reynolds!!!! I love her- I havent seen her fooooorrreeeeevvvvveerrr. And holy cow- your car. got so jacked. i would be SO mad. did they ever pay for it??