Saturday, May 9, 2009

Race for the Cure


Today I had a really cool experience. I was able to go with sisters-in-law, Emily and Jen, and go participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It's a very large scale effort to help raise money for research to hopefully one day find a cure for breast cancer. I was amazed at how many thousands upon thousands of people were there. It was very touching to see the signs that people wore in memory of those that they have lost to cancer, and those celebrating those that have survived. There were many survivors themselves. They get their own special shirts. It was just a very cool experience, and I would recommend anyone do it. It's well worth it. Family - we're all going next year. Plan on it!!!!
Jen, Emily, and me - before the race

This was taken at about mile 2 - can you see how far that line of people is stretched in front of me? It went as far as I could see, up and over the hill. And not even exaggerating a little bit, it went at least 3 or 4 times that long behind me. It was so cool to be a part of that!!!


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

How cool Sheri! That is amazing!

Jenny said...

Yay. So awesome!

Janell R. Cropper said...

You haven't updated in a while... ;) But then again, neither have I! haha. next year, I will do that race!