Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In Search Of....

Well, many things. :) But in particular at this moment, I'm looking for some good books to read. People always tell me good ones, but I usually forget. So I'm going to start writing them down. I have heard the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series is really good, so I'm planning on reading that one. I've also heard great things about the Hunger Games. So I'm putting it on my list. So now here I am, ready and open for your wise suggestions on what I can do with my time so that I don't just watch tv when I come home from work totally brain dead and burnt out. :) So advise away!

6 comments:

eden said...

count of monte cristo (unabridged, in my opinion)

john adams by mccullough

1776 by mccullough

les miserables (again, unabridged - but i know some people who beg to differ on that)

and... that's all i can think of for now.

and maybe you've already read them all.

authors i like - john grisham, robin cook (medical thrillers), and mary higgins clark is always an easy read - not very intellectually stimulating, i also really like mary stewart - mysteries also, but better written than mary higgins clark

that's all.

peace out.

Megan said...

I just finished reading a couple of books and LOVED them.

Author: Charles Martin
Books: When Crickets Cry
Catching Fireflies

Another excellent book:
Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Authors: Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

Michelle said...

You should totally read Matilda (again,..since you probably read it in like 3rd grade).
lol. the end.

Em and AJ said...

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Pride and Prejudice
Austenland by Shannon Hale
The Children of the Promise series by Dean Hughes
Maybe you have already read these, but these are some of my favorites. :)

Jeff and Rebecca said...

Fairest by ? Levine (same author as Ella Enchanted)

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

Those are a couple of my suggestions. :)

Jenny said...

Have you read the Fablehaven books? They are SO good. We have them so just let us know if you want to borrow them.