Friday, January 21, 2011

Making Dream Come True

And although it would probably apply, I'm not talking about Disneyland. After years of dreaming and years of saving, I'm finally making it happen. I'm going to Italy! And since I'll be there, I'm going to see some other parts of Europe as well! Dates have been set and tickets have been purchased. It is official.So of course I wanted to share the good news. I know quite a few people knew I was really hoping on going this year, but it's a done deal now. We will fly into Paris, France and do a whirlwind tour of the city before heading out to Munich, Germany. See some cool things there, including Neuschwanstein Castle (okay, it's not technically in Munich, but close) and then head to Salzburg, Austria. Sound of Music tour here we come! Not to mention Mozart's hometown. From Austria we'll go to Switzerland and spend a couple days there. We will go to the temple in Bern and try to see other things as well, although it's not completely nailed down there. Then down to Italy to Venice, Florence, and then Rome. I am pretty darn excited for this trip and hope everything pulls together. So if any of you have thoughts on the better things to see, or know people over there or other helpful insights, feel free to let me know!

6 comments:

eden said...

so jealous.

so completely, extremely, desperately jealous.

i'm sure it will be wonderful.

Em and AJ said...

What a fun trip for you...I have to say I am a little envious, but so happy that you get to go. :)

Penny said...

That will be so much! Sounds like a great trip!

Penny said...

opps, so much FUN!

Jeff and Rebecca said...

Awesome! I'm glad you are making your dream come true! It sounds so cool. Who are you going with?

Emily said...

Wooohooo!!!! Lucky you!

Jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous.

I haven't left the country since a year before I got married. I so wish I was going to Italy this year. I've never been to Paris or Germany, so I'm not much help there, but Jon could give you some Germany tips. (He served in the Dusseldorf mission until it was closed and then finished up in the Frankfurt mission, by the way). I love the Swiss temple - so beautiful. I wish I knew some people in Italy to help you, but really it's my parents who have all the Italian friends. I can definitely give you good tips on places to see. Maybe I'll have to send you a long email. Are you going to Milano? That and Florence are my two favorite cities. If you get a chance, you should definitely check out Siena (near Florence). The Piazza del Campo is very cool. And then there's San Gimignano. You'll love Rome; the Vatican is just awesome - but don't wear shorts because they won't let you in. Saint Mark's Basilica in Venice, the Duomo in Florence, and you have to see Lake Como. And Pisa. Yeah, I think I just need to send you an email. :D