Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Which of these things doesn't belong?

Who can see it? Who can? First one just may get a prize. Maybe. Okay, I realize that I'm writing this post in frustration. But I think that some people don't really believe the stories that I tell about some roommates (or one). So I'm documenting it. (Don't you worry, this is not a first occurrence). But not even kidding, I walk out of my room tonight and into the living room, and this is what I see. Does anyone notice the random pair of shoes sitting in the MIDDLE of the living room. Right in the middle of where people walk. This is somewhat typical. I am so sick of it. What amazes me, is that usually when things are left, it's as she's walking into her room. Why on earth is it so difficult to keep your shoes on for 15 more feet and take them off in your room instead of in the living room? Why? I am just simply and utterly bewildered. And extremely annoyed.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Ha ha - you make me laugh! It would be frustrating! I'm telling you, you need to buy a place and then rent out some rooms to friends. Then you can pick who you live with!

Sheri said...

Tell me about it.

Julie said...

I hear ya completely!!! But I'm dealing with two little girls and a husband. Mostly the husband in this respect. A few more feet what would it hurt?? I haven't found the answer yet. Probably never will.

That all aside, it's been a long time Sheri. I hope things are good with you.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry! I've dealt with things like that. From random things in the middle of the room to not doing dishes to well the list can go on. Sorry.

Emily West said...

I remember those days! I had a roommate Freshman year who did the same thing, only with piles of her things, like books, jackets, dirty dishes etc. We finally just piled up all her stuff at the bottom of the stairs so she would have to take it on her way to her room. Low and behold, or "HEARKEN" if you will :) when she came in, she took a HUGE step OVER the pile and went up to her room! Some people's kids! I feel your pain.

Liz said...

It is a good thing you don't live with me! I generally have 2-3 pairs of shoes that are not put away. Usually, they are not right in the middle of the room...but still not put away! Maybe I should give Andrew a special treat for being able to live with me!

Emily said...

I can empathize...

If only my shoe leaver arounder was a roommate instead of a husband. At least you won't live with this roommate forever, right? I've tried to gently nudge the husband into putting things away, but I'm afraid of sounding naggy. Oh well. Such is life, right?

JR and Brynn said...

Oh the drama of living with roommates. Not fun. My sympothies truly. You crack me up, Sheri. Miss you girl. Haley misses you too. :)

The Beals said...

Hey Sheri! I have stumbled across your blog a time or two.. as I "blog hop".. but I have never left any tracks.. thought I would this time. Its been a while! I hope your doing good!