Sunday, November 30, 2008

My quest....

Well, Thanksgiving came and went in somewhat of a blur, but it was very nice. I was not only deeply appreciative to have a few days off work, but glad to reflect on many of the great things I have been given in my life, hang out with family and friends, eat good food, etc. etc. This now brings us officially into the holiday season with Christmas just around the corner. And for some strange reason, time continues to fly. The last couple of years, everything just goes by so quickly and it almost doesn't seem like Christmas at all. So this year, I'm going to try to start at the beginning of the season and I have a quest.
Now I'm seeking comments from you - whoever you are. I really want to make this season feel like Christmas - to really feel the Christmas spirit. This, of course, is really the Spirit of Christ. So what do you do to help yourself draw closer to the Savior and feel the true meaning of why we have this special time of year? I would love any input. Like I said, I'm going to try some things on my own, and I may just blog about them as I go along. We'll see how it goes.
P.S. - One thing I know will help is some cold weather. So if any of you out there are hoping for no snow, just stop it right now. :)

3 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

Snow would basically help a LOT!! Get that tree up, start cooking up some holiday scents...or get a holiday scented candle :) That's my plan for today. we'll see how well it works.

Janell R. Cropper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Hey Sheri. You asked a very good question. I think taking a chance to tell the story of Christ's birth helps the personal reflection of Christmas time. The first decoration I put up is our Nativity. And I never get bored of picturing that night. As I get older and learn more the significance of that night grows stronger.

Happy Holidays Sheri!