Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

So, my supervisor at work challenged me to do what she had challenged her kids to do - that is a "Thankful Thursday" post. I've missed a few weeks since the challenge, but I'm going to try to do it. I may not get every week. Even though I have more than enough to be thankful for. So, I may just list more than one thing to make up for the last couple of weeks.

1 - I'm thankful for my family. Some of you are probably thinking that this is totally cliche. However, it's not. This week has reinforced it even more. I work with a lot of really dysfunctional families, and I am reminded over and over again how blessed I am to have grown up in a family where I felt loved, where I was taught to work and have values and be a good person, and just so many other things. My heart breaks basically daily at some of the things that some kids have to deal with. So, cliche sounding or not, I am so very grateful for them!


2 - I'm also thankful this week for heavenly help in getting through a not so fun experience. I had to testify in court this week in a case for a couple of clients. SCARY!!!! And not fun. But it's over and done with and I'm still alive. Enough said.


3 - My not quite as serious thankfulness (which was supposed to be posted 2 weeks ago) - is for the blanket that I got for Christmas from my sister-in-law Jenny. Seriously, this is the softest blanket in the entire world. On both sides. It's so comforting. And when I've had a long day, it's so nice to cuddle up with it on my bed and just not move for a minute. :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks like the blanked the Call brothers had at their house! I loved that thing!!!

Tiffany DeWitt said...

What a good idea. It's nice to be Thankful. And way to go on the court thing. You are such a professional, Sheri!

Jeff and Rebecca said...

Those are great things to be thankful for! It's a good idea, too.

I want that blanket, I'm freezing!