Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ah the memories

So, never fear, but on the way home from work yesterday, I passed two, not one but two, semi's with large trailers that had painted on the trailers in huge red letters "Jesus Christ is Lord, not a swear word". While the message is totally true, it kind of made me laugh and brought back a couple mission memories. I couldn't help but share.
The first memory that immediately popped into my head was a special little evangelical ambulance in Albany. See picture. I don't think anything more needs to be said.

Second memory - my companion and I had just jumped on a bus (also in Albany)and a couple of people were behind us. Of course, the bus drivers don't really care if you're seated or even expecting them to start going. They just do. So it jolts forward and this girl is kind of thrown into some other people. She very loudly and explicitly takes the name of the Lord in vain, cussing at the bus driver. There was another person on the bus who we had met a few different times around town and was a little bit mentally handicapped. When the girl on the bus says this out loud, this gentlemen says, "He loves you. He really really loves you." My companion and I just about busted a gut. Of course, we contained our laughter until after we got off the bus. The girl looked so awkward. It was great.
So thanks for sharing the trip down memory lane...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That ambulance is classic! And I love the story from the bus.

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Oh the mission memories. It is funny what random things will do it for you, huh? That is a funny story!