Saturday, April 26, 2008

Graduation!

Wow. It actually came. Who would have thought it would actually end. :) The last two days have been graduation. And it's really been a good couple of days. A little overwhelming perhaps, but good. Thursday was the University Commencement (everyone in the Marriott Center). My mom and dad came up for that. Go figure that it was snowing before we went in. But afterwards, it was nice and sunshiny. How's that for typical Utah weather. All the graduates inside the Marriott Center.With mom and dad
Sitting by a fountain :)

And of course, dad wanted a picture of the hood because it looks refined and distinguished. :) (Okay, funny joke. For real, the paper that came with the hood as instructions for how to wear it said this: "Upon receiving your gown and academic hood, you'll want to put it on to admire your distinguished and refined look." ha ha!)


Friday was our day - the Social Work Dept.

Three of my classmates (and friends) and I were able to do a musical number for graduation. L-R, Angela Irving, Sandra Wilkes, me, and Brynn Bell. We sang "Not Too Far From Here", which I really think is the perfect social work song and really is why we do what we do.

Being hooded by Dr. Marett and Dr. Panos

Receiving my diploma from Dr. Seipel

Here's the family that was able to come. Grandpa Farnsworth, dad, mom, Janell and Steven. I know others wanted to be there, but couldn't make it. But I'm still very grateful to all of my family. I've been extremely blessed with a fantastic family and I know they were all there in spirit. :)

Okay, I know this post is getting a little long. But I have to put at least one, maybe 2, pictures of my class on here. I have to say, this is probably the greatest class in the world. I realize that we've spent beyond normal amounts of hours together - classes, studying, internships, etc. But we've all grown so close and it has been my family away from my family these last two years. They're an amazing group of people, and they've all blessed my life. I'm definitely going to miss them. It's not quite real to me yet that we won't be going back. But I hope they all know how grateful I am to them for their friendships, the things they have taught me, and the people they are. Go MSW Class of 2008!

With some of our great professors!

7 comments:

Line said...

"Family away from family for the last two years..." The comment tugged at my heart, Sheri, because that's how I feel about our class too. We DID spend abnormal amounts of time together, and it's sad to go from that to nothing... I'm sure going to miss everyone too. :( Good luck with everything!

Jenny said...

Sheri, it looks like you had an awesome time! We SO wish we could have been there. Maybe you'll have to bring your hood down and show us what it looks like . . . then we can decide if you look "distinguished and refined"! Ha ha ha! ;0)

CONGRATULATIONS!

Tiffany DeWitt said...

You look wonderful and so happy! Congrats, Sheri. Graduation is such a fun and scary thing all at the same time. Good luck and lucky for us you are sticking around for awhile!

Trent Megan and Kids said...

Way to go SHERI!!!! Wahooooo We are soo proud of you. We too wish we could have been there but we will give you hugs and High fives when we see you this friday. Oh boy (girl) are we going to have some fun next week.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzie said...

I miss everyone already! It has been weird to not go to classes and be with everyone. Hopefully we can all stay in contact.

Topher and Carma said...

Sheri! Congrats on the major graduation! I bet you cannot even believe that you are finally done. Way to go, I seriously think you are so amazing that you did so much school. Congrats!

Douglass Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your graduation. What an accomplishment. You look GREAT!