Thursday, April 10, 2008

History turns on small hinges, and so do people's lives

"Decisions determine destiny." So, I realized that today was my second to last day of class. Ever. That's a little bit strange to think about. I'm graduating in two weeks. And really, school is pretty much the only thing I've ever known. I took a break for the mission. But even then, I started school again within 2 weeks of being home. So it's pretty much been my life. And now it's going to be over. Which of course brings up the commonly asked question of "what are you doing after graduation?" Honestly, I really don't know. I never planned my life this far. It's time to enter the real world and become a real adult. But where and how? It brings up a lot of questions about my life's mission and what I was sent here to accomplish. I really hope that I don't miss that. But I know that I have to move forward. So I'm working on that. It's been very interesting to see how things have been playing out in this decision process. I'm grateful for the no's that Heavenly Father has given me because then I at least know those are not the things for me to do right now. And then other possible paths close. Apparently those aren't the right ones either. I almost feel like I'm standing at a crossroad that most of the roads have closed off. I feel sure that there are other roads that maybe I just can't see. Or maybe that one road that still might be open is the one I'm supposed to take. I'm not sure if I want it or not, but who knows?
Anyway, I think that I'm rambling. But obviously, this is on my mind a little bit lately. (Or maybe more than a little.) I do believe that things will work out. Amazingly, they always do. But the growing process of waiting and testing and trying always seems to come first. So here I am, still praying and pondering and hoping that I will allow the Lord to open my eyes to the "right" road. Until then....


7 comments:

Jenny said...

Ugh - I don't envy your position right now. But if anyone has the spiritual closeness with the Lord to choose the right path, it is you. It might be hard, but you'll get there, Sheri! And in the meantime, enjoy your last days!!!

Line said...

I feel you, Sheri... It will be weird to be graduated because school's been a part of my life for so long...

Janell R. Cropper said...

I know what you can do. Come be a live in baby-sitter for me. We'll play all day! :) See you at graduation!

JR and Brynn said...

You'll make the right decision...you are smart and prayerful. That is all you need for successful right decision making. You are the best!

Emily said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry you have to go through that right now. It can be so frustrating not knowing where you're going or what you're doing next! The only thing I can say (which is something you just said, so obviously you already know) is that it works out. Usually at the last second when you've give up hope too. Hang in there!

Trent Megan and Kids said...

Sheri we are so incredibly proud of what you have accomplished in your life so far. We just look forward to the adventures you are going to take from here on out. Life has a way of throwing you on the right path. We LOVE YOU!!

Em and AJ said...

Sheri...life comes at you fast, but Heavenly Father has a way of making everything fall into place even if it can get frustrating at times. I know that things will work out for you, they always have. :) Congrats on graduating with your Masters Degree that is such a big accomplishment.