Sunday, March 30, 2008

Temple Trip

Yesterday, a small group of friends came with me down to the Manti Temple. This is "my" temple, so it's always so fun to go there. But this was an extra special occasion.
I know the picture above is really not all that great. I was taking a picture of a picture. But the little lady in the middle is Rosemary. I had the great privilege of teaching her on the mission and was able to see her get baptized. She was such a spitfire. I love it! And I love her and I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to know her. I found out not too long ago that she passed away last March. Since that time, I have had the feeling of her prodding me forward to get her work done for her and her family. We had begun working on this when I was in New York 4 years ago. But nothing has ever been done. After getting the go-ahead from a few different people, I was able to do the temple work done for her, her parents, her grandparents, and an uncle and aunt. It was such a great experience and it means a lot that I've been able to continue to be a part of Rosemary's life and progression in the gospel.
My parents were so great to be willing to come up and help me out. It was extra special to have them there with me and stand in for Rosemary's parents as I stood in for her. Here's the friends that came with me!
I do have to thank my roommate Hilary for this picture. I really loved the growing flowers alongside the temple. That's one of the great things about spring. And it was very fitting to me for this weekend as well. And putting this all together with Easter last weekend. Because of our Savior, Jesus Christ, death - the winter of life - has no permanent hold on us. Spring will come and flowers will always bloom again. We will live again. Those who have gone on before can and will be with us again. It offers such hope and such extreme happiness! The Gospel's true folks!

And, not that this has much to do with anything, but what is a trip to Manti/Ephraim without getting some Fat Sticks! Such good stuff.



10 comments:

Unknown said...

What an amazing experience! Yeah for Rosemary and continuing on and doing her work with your friends and parents. That's really powerful Sheri! I bet she's on the other side cheering you on and thanking you with her tears. What a enriching time that had to be to sit in for her and have your parents sit in as her parents. WOW! And beautiful picture of the flowers by the temple! Gorgeous! Also what is Fat Sticks?
Sounds delicious and I know you were excited about going to get some.

Launi said...

i love the manti temple as well! how wonderful that you got to go there and do work for someone so special to you.

i'm drooling over the fat sticks here. that's one of the biggest things i miss about ephraim. :)

Sheri said...

For those of you that have never really been to Ephraim (and even if you've been to Ephraim and never had Fat Sticks, you've not really BEEN to Ephraim) - Fat Sticks are the deliciousness that I'm holding in my hand in the picture. Just much too good for words. :)

Trent Megan and Kids said...

I think that must have been an amazing experience for you Sheri and it brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing your experiences and testimony.

Bonnie Parks said...

Wow Sheri! That's amazing! I'm so happy for you to get to do that! I love when great things happen in converts' lives now that I am home. And that's a really fantastic one! Yay!!!

Emily said...

Oh man...talk about making me homesick. I love that Manti temple so much! Thanks for posting that. It made my day. Now if only I can think of something to do about my sudden craving for fat sticks...

Tiffany DeWitt said...

Sheri, you never cease to amaze me! You seem to be so busy, but you make time for important spiritual experiences! You are such a great example to me. It seems that the weather was perfect for your trip to Manti!

Jenny said...

What an awesome experience. I am sure that she is SO incredibly grateful for the work you did for her and her family. How awesome!

Douglass Family said...

I love the Manti temple! It is seriously SO beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Mandy

Britt said...

Sheri, I love that photo of the daffodils and the temple! What a great post. IS that Nancy Bell next to you? Tell her to get a blog! Take Care,
Brittany