Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. Most of my family was able to go home and celebrate on Saturday. (We did miss you Trent and Megan!) It's always extremely great to get together with my family because I really do love them and we have a lot of fun together. But it's also special to celebrate one of the greatest women I know, and that's my mom.

I hope she enjoyed her birthday and I hope she knows just how great she is. She's taught me so much and been such a great support to me through everything I've done in life. I love you mom!

"It seems to me that my mother was the most splendid woman I ever knew... I have met a lot of people knocking around the world since, but I have never met a more thoroughly refined woman than my mother. If I have amounted to anything, it will be due to her."
~ Charles Chaplin

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother."
~ Abraham Lincoln

"The noblest calling in the world is that of mother. True motherhood is the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions. She who can paint a masterpiece or who can write a book that will influence millions deserves the plaudits and admiration of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters whose immortal souls will be exerting an influence throughout the ages long after painting shall have faded, and books and statues shall have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give."
~ David O. McKay

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a beautiful tribute! It was so fun to see you!