Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spending my days....

Well, it's been quite awhile since I've posted anything. I don't really feel like much of anything has happened in the last month. (Other than the fabulousness of Disneyland!) I can't believe I've been out of school for a month. For those wondering, still no job yet. I have had a couple of offers, but they just didn't feel like they were the places for me to be at this point in time. So we'll see what happens with a couple of others coming up. In the meantime, I'm just chillin'. It's actually been really nice. I've been able to read (books I enjoy and not textbooks).

(Yup, I read Harry Potter all over again. It's so great!)

I'm reading 1776 right now, in preparation for my trip to Boston! Wahoo!

I've actually done quite a bit of family history stuff. I've visited family and played with friends and just had fun.

Here are a couple of pictures of one of our adventures. There is a flower bed on the south side of our apartment complex. Of course, the grounds keepers don't do anything. So, we decided to plant flowers! We went to Home Depot and went crazy and bought a bunch of different things. Hopefully they'll continue to grow!

Yay for summer!

3 comments:

Bonnie Parks said...

Yay for a month to play! That all looks fun. I read 1776 and enjoyed it. It was interesting, and I felt like I learned a lot of history (which is not one of my strong points.) Matt and I are reading the Prelude to Glory books right now - we're on the first one still - and I find I am learning a lot of Boston history from that too. And it's enjoyable! FYI.

Jenny said...

You are sure keeping busy! By the way, I will answer your email soon about the Family History stuff. I haven't been on the computer for several days and I have some catching up to do. I do need to make some corrections though.

Em and AJ said...

I love summer especially when you can plant flowers...although this year summer is taking its time to get here with this crazy weather that we keep having (although I don't mind the rain, just as long as it doesn't snow). :) It looks like you are keeping busy, and isn't is so fun to be able to read the books that you want to instead of reading and studying for school. :)