Thursday, May 13, 2010

Race for the Cure

Last weekend I went with my mom, sister, brother, and sis-in-law up to SL for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I have to say, like I did last year, this is a very cool event and very touching to see so many people come together to fight something that has affected so many people. With my mom with us this year, we stuck around to see the things that they did for the survivor's of breast cancer, including the survivor's march and having them all come together for a photo. It is an awesome experience and made me again grateful that my mom made it through that rough time and that she's still with us today. I would definitely recommend it for anyone in the future.

3 comments:

eden said...

that's awesome. i'm signed up to do a three-day walk in november in san diego. i need to fund-raise 2000+ dollars... that's the only part about it that i don't like.

Unknown said...

Sheri this is so cool! Looks like a great place to be!

Em and AJ said...

Way to go, that is so cool. I am so glad that your mom was able to do it with you guys especially her being a survivor! ;)