Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm a bad girl...

Okay, yes, I put that as the title simply to get your attention. :) Now let me give a disclaimer. It's not that I'm a girl that has done a bad thing. It's that I'm somewhat bad at being a girl. Let me explain.

There's a guy that moved into my ward in January. He kind of caught my attention and I have since been somewhat, shall we say, intrigued? Not quite sure how I feel, but paying attention. Sunday - we were texting a little bit and then he called and asked if I wanted to go to ward prayer together. Sure. So he came over, we went, then he came back and stayed and chatted for like an hour or so. He was leaving and said something about thanks for listening and I said something about how I enjoyed talking. Then he says, "Maybe when I'm not so stressed... do you like sushi?" My response? Well, um, not really, but I've only had it once and maybe it was a bad experience. But I think he got the hint that no, I don't like fish. I'm texting my sister after that and she says, you should have said "but I like ice cream" or something to that effect. Of course I should have. But did I say anything like that? Nope. He kind of went oh, okay. I'll see you later.

So, although I'm not really the type of person that enjoys putting much personal information out there, I guess I'm hoping that someone can explain to me why I'm so stinking lame. Or maybe I just feel like amusing everyone tonight. So laugh if you want. Cry if you must. Maybe you'll do both. And I'll keep sitting here wondering what on earth I was thinking.

12 comments:

The Beals said...

Sheri! Hey! I have stumbled across your blog a time or two but never left a comment. I hope you are doing great! I laughed reading this post! It totally sounded like something I would have done! Now's your chance!! Text him back and say something like.. Wondering if I could take you out for ice cream... take your mind off of that stress! Go get him! ;) Hope you are well!

Emily said...

Ah Sheri! How I love you. You are so funny. I agree with the person who commented before me - it's not too late! Go get him! :D

Janell R. Cropper said...

It's never too late for ice cream!

eden said...

i've done the same type of thing. i'm bad at being a girl too. blast it all. i do like the first comment suggestion though. try it and report back! (:

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

My Life! Oh Sher, how I miss you! Don't sweat it. It will work out! Just keep in contact with him.

Trent Megan and Kids said...

Now it's your turn to invite Sheri so that he knows you enjoyed yourself. It's never to late...ask Trent.

Holly said...

Im bad at being a girl! I was a deer in the headlights when I was around boys honestly I was. Yeah totally see if he wants to get ice cream or something like that :)

Em and AJ said...

Sheri, you make me laugh...just like everyone said, it is not too late for ice cream! :)

Hilary Jan said...

Oh man!!! I did laugh a little but not a lot, promise.

Hilary Jan said...

By the way, the title did catch my attention and made me laugh!

Jenny said...

Ha ha, that's funny! We need to give you some flirting lessons. Next time, text Janell before answering ;0)

Emily West said...

Okay, so we all have said dumb things to cute boys before. But I'm dying to know if you ever ended up having sushi, ice cream, sodas, anything? :) Maybe next time he comes over you could offer him a bowl of purple skittles. That seems to make even silly comments seem hilarious and memorable! :)