Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears... Oh My!

Except for the fact that the Hogle Zoo no longer has any lions and the tiger didn't want to come out and play. Disappointing. But, the zoo was fun! I went with my brother and sister-in-law, Daniel and Jenny, and their little girl Hayley. My parents also came with us, as well as some of Jenny's family. It's been a long time since I've gone to the zoo, but I believe it was a grand time to be had by all. The Ghost of the Bayou - although it totally looked fake, it's an all-white alligator.
Not albino, just white.
The only lion I got to see - and it tried to eat me!

Me and Hayley by the elephants

A bald eagle in front of the American Flag. We went to the bird show, which was actually really cool. This is how they ended the show, with the bald eagle in front of the flag. It was pretty cool.

This is a red panda. It's like a bear, cat, racoon, mix. But I guess it's actually most closely related to bears. It was so cute. I know the picture doesn't quite show how cute his face is, but he looked so cute and cuddly. (Although he probably wasn't cuddly :). But he was my favorite!

Daniel, Hayley (sleeping), my mom, and me on the Zoofari - the train!

2 comments:

JR and Brynn said...

Oh, looks like fun. It was awesome to see you and catch up a bit this weekend. Keep in touch. Come visit me down south when it gets crappy and cold here. :)

Jenny said...

I was disappointed about the lions and tigers, too. We still had fun though! Thanks for coming!!!