Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

What a great weekend! I was able to go home with most of my family to spend time together and celebrate our nation's birthday. Maybe I'll eventually get pictures of us on the 4th, but I just wanted to say how grateful I am to live in this country and for the many blessings we enjoy. I know that I definitely take things for granted a lot, and things aren't perfect, but we enjoy so much here.


I am also very grateful for those who have given so much throughout the years in the cause of freedom. Working with war veterans last year gave me a whole other perspective on the sacrifices that so many have made for us to live here and have the rights and freedoms that we do. Thank you to all those who have, who are, and will serve this great country.


"Have mercy, O Lord, upon all the nations of the earth; have mercy upon the rulers of our land; may those principles, which were so honorably and nobly defended, namely, the Coonstitution of our land, by our fathers, be established forever." D&C 109:54

Happy Birthday America

No comments: