Saturday, July 26, 2008

Just Thinking...

So, I just went and saw Prince Caspian - the movie. I've been wanting to see it for awhile, and finally did. I've been thinking about it since I left. I guess part of that thinking comes from something my institute teacher said in class. She played for us the song that plays during the credits and pointed out a couple of things that have made me think. It's interesting to see that Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy don't feel like they really belong in the world they live in. They were kings and queens in Narnia, so England wasn't quite right. I think that's often true for us. We don't quite feel like we belong here, because we don't. We know that there is another place that we're working to reach. There's somewhere else that we belong. And when we come to truly believe that, we are changed. There are instances and times in our lives when we catch that feeling. I believe that one of those places is the temple. When we're there, we catch that glimpse of what our home trully is.

Here's a link to the song. See what you think.

And here's the lyrics:
I've got my memories
They're always inside of me
But I can't go back - back to how it was
I believe now
I've seen too much
But I can't go back
Back to how it was
Created for a placeI've never known
Chorus:
This is home
Now I'm finally where I belong, Where I belong
Yeah, this is home
I've been searching for a place of my own
Now I've found it
Maybe this is home
Yeah, this is home
Belief over misery
I've seen the enemy
And I won't go back
Back to how it was
And I got my heart
Set on
What happens next
I got my eyes wide
It's not over yet
We are miracles
And we're not alone
(Chorus)
And now after all my searching
After all my questions
I'm gonna call it home
I got a brand new mindset
I can finally see the sunset
I'm gonna call it home
(Chorus)
Now I know
Yeah, this is home
I've come too far
And I won't go back
This is home

7 comments:

Line said...

I completely agree. I LOVE being in the temple and can only imagine the blessings and happiness awaiting us. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

Awesome - I loved it. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Bathsheba! I had no idea you had a blog! I'm super excited about this! How are you? I hope all is well!!!

Meagan DeLange said...

I love what you said about the Narnia movie, and I totally agree with you! I love the symbolism that is so much a part of these books. Thank you for being able to put that all together because sometimes I try to see the connections in things, and it doesn't always come out like I wanted it to : ).

audri jo said...

Do you like how I'm commenting on all of your posts? Sorry :) I just needed to say thanks for this post...I'm not going to lie, I may have cried a little reading these lyrics. CS Lewis is an amazing writer and I've always loved the spiritual references in the Chronicles of Narnia series. Thanks for pointing this one out :)

JR and Brynn said...

Sheri, I really like your thoughts on this. Interesting. I agree that we often feel we don't belong here, because we don't. Long time no chit chat. I am back online finally and just wanted to see how everything is going. I am not working right now...my husband is enjoying being taken care of again and I am enjoying reading non-school books again. We'll see where the future takes me, though. I am still inquiring on some part time work. Catch me up. I miss you.

Emily West said...

Sheri!! It's Emily Hyde! I just found your blog while I was jumping around on other people's blogs! I'm so glad I get to catch up on your life now! I miss my friends from Richfield. We totally need to have a fab five get together. In church today I was thinking how rad it would be too, if the fab four got back together to sing in church again. We should do a reunion tour of all the wards in Richfield! :) Good to hear about you. Here's my blog address. emilywestblog.blogspot.com

Hope to hear from you soon!