Monday, October 20, 2008

Deer Hunt Weekend

As is tradition in the Rowley family, many or most of us travel home when that special time of year comes around again. That's right. The deer hunt. :) What can I say, it really is a family tradition. I remember very well back in the day when my grandpa would come down and my uncles and cousins. We would all sleep in the living room in sleeping bags and very early, the hunters would go out and attempt to add to our food supply for the coming winter. Needless to say, there aren't quite as many of us that come anymore, but all of us that can still come home for the event. While the boys go out hunting, the rest of us stay home and hang out. It was such a fun weekend and so nice to just leave Provo and everything else behind for a few days. I wish it could have lasted a little longer, but I enjoyed the time we had. So here are a few pictures.
The hunters - Dad (In the background), Daniel, Kevin, and Trent. So far, Daniel and Trent were both able to get deer. My brother Brian did as well, but him and Greg were hunting in a different part of the state.
Playing with Steven on the tramp. He loved bouncing!Grandma and Hayley making cookies. I thought this was just really cute. Hayley is definitely developing quite the personality. She just makes me laugh. *Disclaimer: I did get pictures of my other nieces and nephews there, but they're on my parents camera in Richfield.

And, just in case those of you who read my post on "the 8's" and didn't really believe what I was looking foward to, here you go. Mom's strawberry rhubarb pie. Ah...... it's just heaven.

Yup, it tasted pretty good! :)

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes, it was an awesome weekend! I wish we were all still there!

JR and Brynn said...

Now that is a true Richfield family. I am impressed. Looks like lots of family fun.

Emily West said...

Yum! I want so pie too. Looks like you had a great time in R-town. I miss R-I-C-H-F-I-E-L-D! (That was supposed to be sung to the tune of our school song in case you were wondering!) :) It also took a long time to type that! Good to hear from you friend!

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Yeah for the deer hunt! I remember your moms pie! Yummy! I am glad you had a good time!

Jeff and Rebecca said...

Hey Sheri! I just found your blog, hope you don't mind my chiming in!! It's so fun to get to see more about people in their blogs. Hooray!

Emily said...

The only time I've ever had strawberry rhubarb pie it was your mom's. Mmmmm... That's a tasty memory.

Angie said...

hello rowley family!! Sheri, i love your glasses. you look so cute!

Hilary Jan said...

I have a suprise for you on my blog and I expect you to have some soon ;)