Monday, October 20, 2008

Wrong Era?

So, sometimes I think that maybe I was born in the wrong time period. And I'm not thinking I should have been born in Jane Austin's time or anything like that. Just probably about 50 or 60-ish yrs earlier. What can I say. I pretty much love the music of that time. The old standards - the classics I call them. You know, the greats like Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Bing Crosby, Sammy Davis Jr., etc. I think you get the picture. Well, last weekend (Oct 11th), I was able to go with two of my friends and my parents to the show "The Rat Pack". It's a Broadway touring show that is if you were at a live concert of the Rat Pack back in the day. And for those of you who are't familiar, the Rat Pack is Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr. (Okay, there were 2 others that people don't really know). Talk about such a fun time. We totally loved it!!!!

Here's a picture of the guy that was playing Frank Sinatra. (Shhh... we weren't supposed to take pictures...)

Hilary, Annie, and me after the concert.

3 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

We must be related or something. In high school people used to tell me that I was born 40 years too late, because I love that music so much! :)

Matt Parks said...

I WANT TO CRY!!!!!

I WANT TO GO TO THAT CONCERT!!!!!

I love the Rat Pack! And I've been told the same things many times about being born in the wrong era! Great music, dancing, entertainment, etc. I once went to a swing dance workshop with Frankie Manning, one of the original "Savoy Swingers", and he just exuded the fun of that time period. What a great era for the entertainment industry!

Hilary Jan said...

Like I say some people have a young soul I myself have an old soul and there are many periods of time I think I would have fit better in than this one, oh well, we get what we get I guess.